Some terms go by fast, and some go by slow. This one has been both, somehow…
As I write this, I’m playing hooky from my stacks of finals grading. In addition to my music, I have been supplementing with horror/disaster/feel good films. I will say that “Exeter” and “Big Ass Spider” got me though my basic math skills. “Inglorious Basterds” and “The Veil” helped me with Intermediate Algebra. I am still undecided what will work for my Beginning Algebra grading… perhaps something in the Friday the 13th oeuvre?
Still there are some songs that just get me in the grading mood. And nothing helps keep my pen moving like a catchy beat.
Here is the list for this quarter:
- Starting out, we need Foo Fighters, “All My Life” (done, done… on to the next one)
- I wish my students were like Shakira, “Try Everything” (even if you might fail)
- Saliva, “Your Disease” because sometimes I need some naked aggression.
- Ever since Deadpool, I’ve found myself humming Salt n’Peppa, “Shoop”
- Greydon Square, “A Rational Response” helps to remember that there are very intelligent people out there….
- “This is Your Life” from the Fight Club Soundtrack. Just listen.
- An awesome cover of “Where is my Mind?” by Daniela Andrade
- Jess Greenberg covers “Highway to Hell”, just for funsies.
- Iron Maiden “Run to the Hills”. Which I may want to do soon…
- A beautiful and epic cover of “The Sound of Silence” by Disturbed
Back to the grind here soon.