Spring quarter is almost done, which means that I get to dive deep into grading for a while. This has been a great quarter: good students and minimal classroom drama. My classes were mellow, which has been nice change. I did hear that one of my colleague’s students literally tried to get her to reteach an entire lesson (to the whole class) because he was absent.
I can’t make this shit up. It’s funny in retrospect.
Still, grading takes a toll. As much as I want all of my students to succeed, some students won’t make it to their next class. I’m not fond of failing people, but some students haven’t clued in to the fact that I only present the material, I can’t understand it for them. (Hmmmm… maybe I do still have a little snark leftover after all). I also get an absurdly short break (a little over a week off) and class prep for the Summer term!
While I’m grading, contemplating my week off, and planning for next quarter I have a nice little set of tunes to occupy and distract me. This is a little more eclectic than I usually go, but what the hell… here goes!
- Carl Sagan – A Glorious Dawn
- Puddles Pity Party – When You Rock and Roll With Me
- Joan Jett – Bad Reputation
- Justin Bieber vs Slipknot – Psychosocial Baby
- Misfits – Angel Fuck
- CHVRCHES – Bela Lugosi’s Dead
- Jill Tracy – The Fine Art of Poisoning
- Joan Jett – Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
- Pomplamoose – I’m the S**t
- Godsmack – Voodoo
- The Wombats – Tokyo (Vampires & Wolves)
- M.I.A. – Bad Girls
Buckle up, Buttercup. We’re ready for finals.