Winter quarter is almost done, bringing with it a nice big pile of … grading … to deal with.
After some years of grading you might think that it would be easier. While the methods I choose to grade by have improved, there remains an emotional toll. It is hard to see people make mistakes, especially after having instructed, showed example after example, showed the internal logic, and finally demonstrated tricks to make the work easier.
Rather that unleashing a tidal wave of red ink, I find that grading to horror or disaster movies seems to put context to the disasters I regularly see on paper. Or, there is always some lovely music to relieve the aggressions.
So here is my finals week playlist for Winter 2015! A mix of some classics of aggressive industrial music, nerdy music, and some just plain fun music. For some reason that Kooks song always makes me think of a teacher testing a student… and I do hate true or false questions.
- Combichrist – What the fuck is wrong with you
- The Kooks – Naive
- Hard n Phirm – Trace Elements
- Saliva – Ladies and Gentlemen
- Dr Horrible on the Rise
- Sia – Acedemia
- Apocolyptica – Fade to Black
- Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (for one of the best videos ever!)
- Melissa Ferrick – Drive (because Spring break isn’t all about class prep)
- Dan le sac vs Scroobius Pip – Thou Shalt Always Kill
Finals, here we come.