If you’re having math problems I feel bad for you son, I’ve got 99 problems but math ain’t one…
Another finals week is rapidly approaching. The full arc of a classroom can never be fully predicted, and I know I learn something new from every class that I teach… This quarter has been a unique experience: between a VERY clever classroom and a more challenging one, I have learned a lot about classroom management. I admit I look back at the quarter with a bit of nostalgia, but I also look forward to having a bit of a break.
One very important question I have to ask myself what I want to listen to while I grade for 6 hours. It is a paradox of my own psychology that I grade a little nicer when I’m listening to somewhat angry music… which I suppose only supports my “evil teacher” persona. In any case, here are my top grading songs for this quarter.
- CombiChrist – “What the fuck is wrong with you?“
- Professor Elemental – “Fighting Trousers“
- Hugo – “99 Problems“
- Drowning Pool – “Bodies“
- Greydon Square –
- Europe- “Final Countdown“
- London Symphony Orchestra – “The Imperial March” (Darth Vader’s Theme)
- Death*Star – “The Quick and he Dead“
- Puscifer – “Rev 22:20“
- Decemberists – “The Mariner’s Revenge“
- Tim Minchin- “White Wine in the Sun“
I admit I look forward to being able to spend time with my family, kicking back and playing a few rounds of “Cards Against Humanity.”