Next week is finals week for my summer courses.
I find that disaster movies put me is a pretty good frame of mind for exams. Picture the scene: I’m grading papers. A student makes a silly mistake, and I stab a the offending error with my red pen thinking things like “I’m talking to myself up there! Why? Why did you do this? You know better!” Then I look up, see the world exploding, and everything is put back into it’s proper perspective.
Of course, I grade faster if I’m just listening to music rather than watching something. Here is my current test-grading playlist:
- Drowning Pool – “Let the Bodies Hit the Floor”
- Weird Al Yankovic
- “White and Nerdy”
- “All About the Pentiums”
- Johnathon Coulton – “Skullcrusher Mountain”
- Pink – “So What”
- NIN – “Head Like a Hole”
- Death*Star – “The Quick and the Dead”
- Lords of Acid – “The Power is Mine”
- Mashups –
- NIN vs The Beetles – “Come Closer Together”
- Jay-Z vs The Verve – “Dirt off your soulder/Bittersweet Symphony”
- 50 cent vs Bee gees – “Stayin’ Alive in da Club”
- AC/DC vs Queen – “Dirty Deeds will rock you”
That should keep me sane… ish.